Product Informationexpand all collapse all
Clonidine is used to treat hypertension (high blood pressure). It is sometimes used together with other blood pressure medications. It is also used to treat some pain conditions, ADHD and anxiety/panic disorders.
Clonidine treats high blood pressure by stimulating α2 receptors in the brain, which decreases cardiac output and peripheral vascular resistance, lowering blood pressure. It has specificity towards the presynaptic α2 receptors in the vasomotor center in the brainstem. This binding decreases presynaptic calcium levels, and inhibits the release of norepinephrine.
How to take
Use Clonidine exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Contact your doctor for the precise instructions that apply to you. Dosage of this medication may change during treatment depending on the severity of your condition and the progression of your illness.
Inform your doctor and surgeon that you are taking this medication before you go in for any surgical procedure or medical test. Do not stop taking this medication without first speaking to your doctor, as suddenly halting treatment may worsen your condition.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction to Generic Clonidine: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using Clonidine and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- fast or pounding heartbeats;
- a very slow heart rate (fewer than 60 beats per minute);
- feeling short of breath, even with mild exertion;
- swelling, rapid weight gain;
- confusion, hallucinations;
- fever, pale skin;
- urinating less than usual or not at all;
- numbness or cold feeling in your hands or feet;
- feeling like you might pass out; or
severe skin irritation, redness, swelling, burning, or blistering where the patch is worn.
Before using Clonidine, tell your doctor if you have heart disease or severe coronary artery disease, a heart rhythm disorder, a history of heart attack or stroke, or kidney disease.
Tell your doctor about all medications you use. This includes prescription, over-the-counter, vitamin, and herbal products. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or plan on becoming pregnant before taking this medication.
Always read the ingredients before taking this or any other medication to ensure that there are no elements that may elicit an allergic reaction.
Before using Clonidine, tell your doctor if you regularly use other medicines that make you sleepy (such as cold or allergy medicine, narcotic pain medicine, sleeping pills, muscle relaxers, and medicine for seizures, depression, or anxiety). They can add to sleepiness caused by Generic Clonidine.
Tell your doctor about all other medicines you use, especially:
- digitalis (digoxin, Lanoxin, Lanoxicaps);
- an antidepressant such as amitriptyline (Elavil, Vanatrip), doxepin (Sinequan), Generic Nortriptyline (Pamelor), and others;
- a beta-blocker such as atenolol (Tenormin, Tenoretic), carvedilol (Coreg), labetalol (Normodyne, Trandate), metoprolol (Lopressor, Toprol), nadolol (Corgard), propranolol (Inderal, InnoPran), sotalol (Betapace), and others;
- a calcium channel blocker such as diltiazem (Cartia, Cardizem), felodipine (Plendil), nifedipine (Nifedical, Procardia), verapamil (Calan, Covera, Isoptin, Verelan), and others;
- medicines to treat psychiatric disorders, such as chlorpromazine (Thorazine), clozapine (Clozaril, FazaClo), fluphenazine (Permitil, Prolixin), haloperidol (Haldol), olanzapine (Zyprexa, Symbyax), perphenazine (Trilafon), prochlorperazine (Compazine), risperidone (Risperdal), thiothixene (Navane), trifluoperazine (Stelazine), and others; or
- any other drugs to treat high blood pressure or heart problems.
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with Clonidine.
Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not use extra doses to make up the missed dose.
Keep medication in a cool, dry place away from heat and moisture. Dispose of any unused medication past the point of expiry. Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Jake F., 45, Illinos Standard ED Pack (Generic)
“My ED was giving me nightmares! Yes, I could use Viagra but it was too expensive to buy all the time. That’s why I ordered a generic version at Canadian Pharmacy and could not be happier with the results.”
Janine L., 35, Winnipeg Albuterol
“What I like most about this pharmacy is that they deliver very fast and always package it securely so no one knows what I ordered. It is a big deal for someone who has very nosy neighbours.”
Sandra S., 41, Edinburgh Zyban (Generic)
“It is nice and affordable to buy meds here. I only needed some pills to stop smoking, but I can see they have lots of offers in other categories too. I think I found a perfect pharmacy for my needs.”
Dave M., 28, Oslo Zithromax (Generic)
“I have bought a lot of medications at this pharmacy and I can tell they only sell quality stuff. Trusted and safe generics and the prices are rather low. A perfect price-quality combination!”
Erin F., 61, Sydney Xanax (Generic)
“During my treatment, I was prescribed a lot of costly medications not covered with insurance. Would’ve never been able to afford them if not for this amazing pharmacy.”
Jacob, 35, Ottawa Prozac (Generic)
"I just love how I can order from home and then get my items delivered for free. No lines, no prescriptions, it’s just like Amazon for pills!”