Product Informationexpand all collapse all
Uses of this medical product
Prescription drug from Canada Pharmacy Adefovir Dipivoxil is used to treat chronic hepatitis B in adults. This medicine will not cure hepatitis. Generic Adefovir Dipivoxil is an acyclic nucleotide analog with activity against human hepatitis B virus. Generic Adefovir Dipivoxil works by blocking reverse transcriptase, an enzyme that is crucial for the hepatitis B virus (HBV) to reproduce in the body.
How to take this drug?
Take exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Take Generic Adefovir Dipivoxil with a full glass of water.
This medication may be taken with or without food.
Use Generic Adefovir Dipivoxil regularly to get the most benefit. Get your prescription refilled before you run out of medicine completely.
To be sure this medication is not causing harmful effects; your blood may need to be tested often. Your kidney or liver function may also need to be tested. Visit your doctor regularly.
You may develop liver symptoms after you stop taking this medication, even months after stopping. Your doctor may want to check your liver function for several months after you stop using Generic Adefovir Dipivoxil. You must remain under the care of a doctor while you are using this medication.
Side effects of this rx medication
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
This medication may cause lactic acidosis (a build-up of lactic acid in the body, which can be fatal). Lactic acidosis can start slowly and get worse over time. Get emergency medical help if you have even mild symptoms of lactic acidosis, such as:
- muscle pain or weakness;
- numb or cold feeling in your arms and legs;
- trouble breathing;
- feeling dizzy, light-headed, tired, or very weak;
- stomach pain, nausea with vomiting; or
- fast or uneven heart rate.
Call your doctor at once if you have any other serious side effect such as:
- urinating less than usual or not at all; or
- nausea, pain in your upper stomach, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
- Less serious side effects may include:
- mild nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, gas, or stomach pain;
- mild skin rash or itching;
- weakness; or
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.
Taking this medication will not prevent you from passing hepatitis B to other people. Avoid having unprotected sex or sharing razors or toothbrushes. Talk with your doctor about safe ways to prevent hepatitis transmission during sex. Sharing drug or medicine needles is never safe, even for a healthy person.
Many drugs can interact with Generic Adefovir Dipivoxil. Below is just a partial list. Tell your doctor if you are using:
- amphotericin B (Fungizone, AmBisome, Amphotec, Abelcet);
- pentamidine (NebuPent, Pentam);
- antibiotics such as capreomycin (Capastat), rifampin (Rifadin, Rimactane, Rifater), vancomycin (Vancocin, Vancoled);
- antiviral medicines such as acyclovir (Zovirax), cidofovir (Vistide), or foscarnet (Foscavir);
- cancer medicine such as aldesleukin (Proleukin), carmustine (BiCNU, Gliadel), cisplatin (Platinol), ifosfamide (Ifex), oxaliplatin (Eloxatin), streptozocin (Zanosar), or tretinoin (Vesanoid);
- medicines used to prevent organ transplant rejection, such as cyclosporine (Gengraf, Neoral, Sandimmune), sirolimus (Rapamune) or tacrolimus (Prograf);
- pain or arthritis medicines such as aspirin (Anacin, Excedrin), acetaminophen (Tylenol), diclofenac (Cataflam, Generic Voltaren), Generic Etodolac (Lodine), Generic Ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), indomethacin (Indocin), naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn), and others; or
- HIV medicines such as abacavir (Ziagen), didanosine (Videx), efavirenz (Sustiva), Generic Emtricitabine (Emtriva), lamivudine (Epivir), stavudine (Zerit), zalcitabine (Hivid), zidovudine (Retrovir), or combinations such as Combivir (lamivudine and zidovudine), Epzicom (abacavir and lamivudine), or Trizivir (abacavir, lamivudine, and zidovudine).
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with Generic Adefovir Dipivoxil. Tell your doctor about all medications you use. This includes prescription, over-the-counter, vitamin, and herbal products.
What happens if I miss dose the of this medicine?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
Storage of this prescription medicine
Keep medication in a cool, dry place away from heat and moisture. Dispose of any unused medication past the point of expiry. Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Testimonials of prescription pharmacy online Buy-CanadaPharmacy.com
Jake F., 45, Illinos Standard ED Pack (Generic)
“My ED was giving me nightmares! Yes, I could use Viagra but it was too expensive to buy all the time. That’s why I ordered a generic version at Canadian Pharmacy and could not be happier with the results.”
Janine L., 35, Winnipeg Albuterol
“What I like most about this pharmacy is that they deliver very fast and always package it securely so no one knows what I ordered. It is a big deal for someone who has very nosy neighbours.”
Sandra S., 41, Edinburgh Zyban (Generic)
“It is nice and affordable to buy meds here. I only needed some pills to stop smoking, but I can see they have lots of offers in other categories too. I think I found a perfect pharmacy for my needs.”
Dave M., 28, Oslo Zithromax (Generic)
“I have bought a lot of medications at this pharmacy and I can tell they only sell quality stuff. Trusted and safe generics and the prices are rather low. A perfect price-quality combination!”
Erin F., 61, Sydney Xanax (Generic)
“During my treatment, I was prescribed a lot of costly medications not covered with insurance. Would’ve never been able to afford them if not for this amazing pharmacy.”
Jacob, 35, Ottawa Prozac (Generic)
"I just love how I can order from home and then get my items delivered for free. No lines, no prescriptions, it’s just like Amazon for pills!”