Product Informationexpand all collapse all
Uses of this medical product
Prescription drug from Canada Pharmacy Cipralex is used for the treatment of major depressive disorder and generalized anxiety disorder (GAD); other indications include social anxiety disorder (SAD), panic disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD).
How to take this drug?
Take this prescription medicine Cipralex tablets by mouth. Follow the directions on the prescription label. Swallow the tablets with a drink of water. Generic Cipralex can be taken with or without food. If Escitalopram upsets your stomach, taking it with food may help.
Take your doses at regular intervals. Do not take your medicine more often than directed. Do not stop taking except on your prescriber or health care professional's advice.
Side effects of this rx medication
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your prescriber or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
- Blocked or runny nose (sinusitis)
- Decreased or increased appetite
- Anxiety, restlessness, abnormal dreams, difficulties falling asleep, feeling sleepy, dizziness, yawning, tremors, prickling of the skin
- Diarrhoea, constipation, vomiting, dry mouth
- Increased sweating
- Pain in muscle and joints (arthralgia and myalgia)
- Sexual disturbances (delayed ejaculation, problems with erection, decreased sexual drive and women may experience difficulties achieving orgasm)
- Fatigue, fever
- Increased weight
Visit your prescriber or health care professional for regular checks on your progress. Continue to take your tablets even if you do not immediately feel better. It can take 1-2 weeks or longer before you feel the first effects of Generic Cipralex.
If you have suicidal thoughts, call your prescriber or health care professional at once. If you have been taking Generic Cipralex regularly for some time, do not suddenly stop taking it. You must gradually reduce the dose, or your symptoms may get worse. Ask your prescriber or health care professional for advice. You may get drowsy or dizzy. Do not drive, use machinery, or do anything that needs mental alertness until you know how Generic Cipralex affects you.
Do not stand or sit up quickly, especially if you are an older patient. This reduces the risk of dizzy or fainting spells. Alcohol may interfere with the effect of Generic Cipralex. Avoid alcoholic drinks. Do not treat yourself for coughs, colds, or allergies without asking your prescriber or health care professional for advice. Some ingredients can increase possible side effects. Your mouth may get dry.
Do not take Generic Cipralex with any of the following medications:
- cisapride; citalopram; MAO inhibitors such as phenelzine (Nardil), tranylcypromine (Parnate),
- isocarboxazid (Marplan), selegiline (Eldepryl).
- Generic Cipralex may also interact with the following medications: alosetron; alprazolam;
- amphetamine; buspirone; carbamazepine; Certain diet drugs (dexfenfluramine, fenfluramine, phentermine, sibutramine);
- clarithromycin; cimetidine; cyproheptadine; dexamethasone; dextromethorphan;
- dextroamphetamine; diazepam; diltiazem; erythromycin; ethosuximide; furazolidone;
- grapefruit juice; itraconazole; kava kava; ketoconazole; linezolid;
- lithium; Medicines that treat depression or other mood problems;
- Medicines that treat HIV infection or AIDS; Migraine headache medicines (almotriptan, eletriptan, frovatriptan, naratriptan, rizatriptan, sumatriptan, zolmitriptan); Medicines for psychosis or severe mood problems; methadone; modafinil;
- nefazodone; phenobarbital; phenytoin; Prescription pain relievers (codeine, hydrocodone, meperidine, morphine, tramadol, oxycodone); primidone; procarbazine;
- quinine; rifabutin; rifampin; St. John's Wort; troglitazone; tryptophan; valerian; verapamil; voriconazole.
Tell your prescriber or health care professional about all other medicines you are taking, including non-prescription medicines. Also tell your prescriber or health care professional if you are a frequent user of grapefruit juice, drinks with caffeine or alcohol, if you smoke, or if you use illegal drugs. These may affect the way your medicine works. Check with your health care professional before stopping or starting any of your medicines.
What happens if I miss dose the of this medicine?
If it is almost time for your next dose, take only that dose. Do not take double or extra doses. Follow your prescriber or health care professional's advice on missed doses.
Storage of this prescription medicine
Keep out of reach of children in a container that small children cannot open. Store at room temperature between 15 and 30 degrees C (59 and 86 degrees F). Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.
Testimonials of prescription pharmacy online Buy-CanadaPharmacy.com
Jake F., 45, Illinos Standard ED Pack (Generic)
“My ED was giving me nightmares! Yes, I could use Viagra but it was too expensive to buy all the time. That’s why I ordered a generic version at Canadian Pharmacy and could not be happier with the results.”
Janine L., 35, Winnipeg Albuterol
“What I like most about this pharmacy is that they deliver very fast and always package it securely so no one knows what I ordered. It is a big deal for someone who has very nosy neighbours.”
Sandra S., 41, Edinburgh Zyban (Generic)
“It is nice and affordable to buy meds here. I only needed some pills to stop smoking, but I can see they have lots of offers in other categories too. I think I found a perfect pharmacy for my needs.”
Dave M., 28, Oslo Zithromax (Generic)
“I have bought a lot of medications at this pharmacy and I can tell they only sell quality stuff. Trusted and safe generics and the prices are rather low. A perfect price-quality combination!”
Erin F., 61, Sydney Xanax (Generic)
“During my treatment, I was prescribed a lot of costly medications not covered with insurance. Would’ve never been able to afford them if not for this amazing pharmacy.”
Jacob, 35, Ottawa Prozac (Generic)
"I just love how I can order from home and then get my items delivered for free. No lines, no prescriptions, it’s just like Amazon for pills!”