Product Informationexpand all collapse all
Uses of this medical product
How to take this drug?
Side effects of this rx medication
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction to furosemide: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using furosemide and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- ringing in your ears, hearing loss;
- itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- severe pain in your upper stomach spreading to your back, nausea and vomiting;
- weight loss, body aches, numbness;
- swelling, rapid weight gain, urinating less than usual or not at all;
- chest pain, new or worsening cough with fever, trouble breathing;
- pale skin, bruising, unusual bleeding, feeling light-headed, rapid heart rate, trouble concentrating;
- low potassium (confusion, uneven heart rate, leg discomfort, muscle weakness or limp feeling);
- low calcium (tingly feeling around your mouth, muscle tightness or contraction, overactive reflexes);
- headache, feeling unsteady, weak or shallow breathing; or
- severe skin reaction -- fever, sore throat, swelling in your face or tongue, burning in your eyes, skin pain, followed by a red or purple skin rash that spreads (especially in the face or upper body) and causes blistering and peeling.
Before using this drug, tell your doctor your medical history especially of: kidney problems, unusual decrease in urine output, liver disease, diabetes, drug allergies. This drug may reduce the potassium levels in your blood. Ask your doctor about adding potassium to your diet. A potassium supplement may be prescribed by your doctor. Furosemide may make you more sensitive to sunlight. Use a sunscreen and wear protective clothing.
Alcohol may intensify side effects. Limit your alcohol intake. Furosemide should be used only when clearly needed during pregnancy. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor. This drug is excreted into breast milk. Though, to date, no problems have been reported to nursing infants, consult your doctor before breast-feeding.
If you take sucralfate (Carafate), take it at least 2 hours before or after you take furosemide.
Tell your doctor about all other medicines you use, especially:
- cisplatin (Platinol);
- cyclosporine (Neoral, Gengraf, Sandimmune);
- ethacrynic acid (Edecrin);
- lithium (Eskalith, Lithobid);
- methotrexate (Rheumatrex, Trexall);
- phenytoin (Dilantin);
- an antibiotic such as amikacin (Amikin), cefdinir (Omnicef), cefprozil (Cefzil), cefuroxime (Ceftin), cephalexin (Keflex), gentamicin (Garamycin), kanamycin (Kantrex), neomycin (Mycifradin, Neo Fradin, Neo Tab), streptomycin, tobramycin (Nebcin, Tobi);
- heart or blood pressure medication such as amiodarone (Cordarone, Pacerone), benazepril (Lotensin), candesartan (Atacand), eprosartan (Teveten), enalapril (Vasotec), irbesartan (Avapro, Avalide), lisinopril (Prinivil, Zestril), losartan (Cozaar, Hyzaar), olmesartan (Benicar), quinapril (Accupril), ramipril (Altace), telmisartan (Micardis), valsartan (Diovan), and others;
- a laxative (Metamucil, Milk of Magnesia, Colace, Dulcolax, Epsom salts, senna, and others)
- salicylates such as aspirin, Disalcid, Doan's Pills, Dolobid, Salflex, Tricosal, and others; or
- steroids (prednisone and others).
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with furosemide.
What happens if I miss dose the of this medicine?
Storage of this prescription medicine
Testimonials of prescription pharmacy online Buy-CanadaPharmacy.com
Jake F., 45, Illinos Standard ED Pack (Generic)
“My ED was giving me nightmares! Yes, I could use Viagra but it was too expensive to buy all the time. That’s why I ordered a generic version at Canadian Pharmacy and could not be happier with the results.”
Janine L., 35, Winnipeg Albuterol
“What I like most about this pharmacy is that they deliver very fast and always package it securely so no one knows what I ordered. It is a big deal for someone who has very nosy neighbours.”
Sandra S., 41, Edinburgh Zyban (Generic)
“It is nice and affordable to buy meds here. I only needed some pills to stop smoking, but I can see they have lots of offers in other categories too. I think I found a perfect pharmacy for my needs.”
Dave M., 28, Oslo Zithromax (Generic)
“I have bought a lot of medications at this pharmacy and I can tell they only sell quality stuff. Trusted and safe generics and the prices are rather low. A perfect price-quality combination!”
Erin F., 61, Sydney Xanax (Generic)
“During my treatment, I was prescribed a lot of costly medications not covered with insurance. Would’ve never been able to afford them if not for this amazing pharmacy.”
Jacob, 35, Ottawa Prozac (Generic)
"I just love how I can order from home and then get my items delivered for free. No lines, no prescriptions, it’s just like Amazon for pills!”