Product Informationexpand all collapse all
Uses of this medical product
Propranolol is a beta-blocker. Beta-blockers affect the heart and circulation (blood flow through arteries and veins). Generic Propranolol is used to treat tremors, angina (chest pain), hypertension (high blood pressure), heart rhythm disorders, and other heart or circulatory conditions. It is also used to treat or prevent heart attack, and to reduce the severity and frequency of migraine headaches.
How to take this drug?
Take propranolol exactly as directed by your doctor. Do not take less or more than directed, or for a different period of time. Propranolol may be taken with or without food.
Swallow the tablet whole with a glass of water. Do not crush, break or open an extended-release capsule. Do not skip doses or stop using propranolol without consulting your doctor first.
While on propranolol, you will need to check your blood pressure on a regular basis. Should you have a surgery scheduled while on propranolol, inform your surgeon immediately, in advance, about taking the medication.
This medication may cause abnormal or unusual test results with certain medical tests. Inform any or all of the doctors who are treating you that you are taking Generic propranolol.
Side effects of this rx medication
Seek urgent emergency help if you experience any of the following allergic reactions: hives, breathing difficulties, swelling of the mouth, tongue, lips or throat.
Stop taking propranolol and call your doctor immediately if you experience the following serious side effects:
- Dizziness and fainting
- Shortness of breath even with mild activities
- Unusually fast or slow heartbeats
- Upper abdominal pain, nausea, clay-colored stools, loss of appetite, yellowing of the skin and/or eyes
- Swollen ankles or feet
- Cold feeling in hands or feet
- Hallucinations, disorientation, depression
- Serious skin reactions including swollen tongue or face, burning in eyes, fever, sore throat, skin pain followed by red/purple rash spreading to face and/or upper body (accompanied by blisters and peeling)
Common side effects of Propranolol include:
- Vomiting, diarrhea and feeling nauseous
- Stomach aches, constipation
- Lessened sex drive, inability to reach sexual climax, impotence
- Insomnia while feeling tired
For the complete list of possible propranolol side effects, talk to your doctor.
Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to propranolol or if you have asthma or suffer from heart conditions such as slow heart rate, sick sinus syndrome or AV block (excluding cases where the patient has a pacemaker).
If you have a scheduled surgery, tell your surgeon in advance that you are taking Propranolol. Do not change the dose of the medicine or take it for a shorter or longer time than directed without first consulting your doctor. It is possible you will have to gradually take smaller doses of the drug before you stop taking propranolol completely.
Avoid drinking alcohol while on Propranolol.
Before taking Propranolol, tell your doctor if you have any of the following:
- Low blood pressure
- Emphysema, bronchitis or other respiratory disorders
- Muscle disorders
- Thyroid disorder
- Kidney or liver disease
- Blood circulation disorders (including Raynaud’s Syndrome)
- Congestive heart failure
If you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant or breastfeeding, tell your doctor before taking Propranolol.
Before taking propranolol, inform your doctor of any other medications you are currently taking, particularly if you are taking the following:
- Haloperidol (Haldol)
- Clonidine (Catapres)
- Dobutamine (Dobutrex)
- Isoproterenol (Isuprel)
- A blood thinner such as warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven)
- Digitalis (digoxin, Lanoxin)
- Aspirin or other NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn, Naprelan, Treximet), celecoxib (Celebrex), diclofenac (Arthrotec, Cambia, Cataflam, Voltaren, Flector Patch, Pennsaid, Solareze), indomethacin (Indocin), meloxicam (Mobic), and others
- An antidepressant such as amitriptyline (Elavil, Vanatrip, Limbitrol), clomipramine (Anafranil), desipramine (Norpramin), imipramine (Janimine, Tofranil), and others
- Doxazosin (Cardura), prazosin (Minipress), terazosin (Hytrin)
- Heart or blood pressure medicine such as amlodipine (Norvasc, Caduet, Exforge, Lotrel, Tekamlo, Tribenzor, Twynsta, Amturnide), diltiazem (Cartia, Cardizem), nifedipine (Nifedical, Procardia), reserpine (Serpasil), verapamil (Calan, Covera, Isoptin, Verelan), and others
- An MAO inhibitor such as furazolidone (Furoxone), isocarboxazid (Marplan), phenelzine (Nardil), rasagiline (Azilect), selegiline (Eldepryl, Emsam, Zelapar), or tranylcypromine (Parnate)
- An ACE inhibitor such as benazepril (Lotensin), captopril (Capoten), fosinopril (Monopril), enalapril (Vasotec), lisinopril (Prinivil, Zestril), moexipril (Univasc), perindopril (Aceon), quinapril (Accupril), ramipril (Altace), or trandolapril (Mavik)
- Amiodarone (Cordarone, Pacerone), propafenone (Rythmol), quinidine (Quin-G)
To learn about additional possible drug interactions with propranolol, talk to your doctor. Also, avoid drinking alcohol while on Generic propranolol.
What happens if I miss dose the of this medicine?
For regular (short-acting) Propranolol: Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if your next dose is less than 4 hours away.
Storage of this prescription medicine
Store Propranolol at room temperature, away from heat, moisture and the reach of children.
Testimonials of prescription pharmacy online Buy-CanadaPharmacy.com
Jake F., 45, Illinos Standard ED Pack (Generic)
“My ED was giving me nightmares! Yes, I could use Viagra but it was too expensive to buy all the time. That’s why I ordered a generic version at Canadian Pharmacy and could not be happier with the results.”
Janine L., 35, Winnipeg Albuterol
“What I like most about this pharmacy is that they deliver very fast and always package it securely so no one knows what I ordered. It is a big deal for someone who has very nosy neighbours.”
Sandra S., 41, Edinburgh Zyban (Generic)
“It is nice and affordable to buy meds here. I only needed some pills to stop smoking, but I can see they have lots of offers in other categories too. I think I found a perfect pharmacy for my needs.”
Dave M., 28, Oslo Zithromax (Generic)
“I have bought a lot of medications at this pharmacy and I can tell they only sell quality stuff. Trusted and safe generics and the prices are rather low. A perfect price-quality combination!”
Erin F., 61, Sydney Xanax (Generic)
“During my treatment, I was prescribed a lot of costly medications not covered with insurance. Would’ve never been able to afford them if not for this amazing pharmacy.”
Jacob, 35, Ottawa Prozac (Generic)
"I just love how I can order from home and then get my items delivered for free. No lines, no prescriptions, it’s just like Amazon for pills!”